We are Hiring
The Pensions and Insurance Authority (“the Authority”) is the regulatory and supervisory authority for the pensions and insurance industries in Zambia as provided for in the Pension Scheme Regulations Act No.28 of 1996 (as amended) and the Insurance Act No. 38 of 2021. The Authority supervises and regulates entities operating in the pensions and insurance market. These include insurance companies, reinsurance companies, insurance intermediaries, pension schemes, pension fund managers and pension fund administrators.
The Authority is seeking a dedicated and passionate individual to join our team as a Consumer Education Officer. In this role, you will work towards our mission of effectively regulating and supervising, and promoting the development of the pensions and insurance industries in order to protect the interests of pension scheme members and insurance policyholders.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop and implement consumer education programmes and campaigns aimed at increasing awareness and understanding of pensions and insurance
- Assist in developing consumer education strategies
- Create engaging educational materials, such as brochures, infographics, and online resources, that are easily accessible and cater to diverse audiences
- Conduct research on consumer behavior, market trends, and regulatory frameworks to ensure the delivery of up-to-date and relevant information to the public
- Collaborate with internal teams and external stakeholders, including industry experts, to identify areas of improvement and enhance consumer education initiatives
- Respond to consumer inquiries and complaints by providing appropriate information and guidance
- Monitor and evaluate the impact and effectiveness of consumer education programmes
- A bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Public Relations or any related social science
- Grade 12 Certificate with a credit or better in English
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in communications and public relations
- Experience in consumer education or financial literacy programmes is an added advantage
- Excellent oral and communication skills, with the ability to present complex concepts in a clear and understandable manner
- Strong research and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in publishing social media content
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as contribute effectively to a team
How to apply
If you are passionate about empowering consumers and promoting financial literacy and meet the qualifications, we invite you to apply for the position of Consumer Education Officer. Please submit your curriculum vitae, cover letter, copies of certificates and any relevant work samples by 24th January 2024 to the address below. ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The Human Resource and Administration Manager
Pension and Insurance Authority
Stand No. 4618, Lubwa Road, Rhodespark
P/Bag 30x, Ridgeway
Please note that the Authority is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.